The Labour-Management Relations Certificate program offered by the Edwards School of Business and the Johnson-Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy is an intensive 5-day program intended for union representatives, human resource and labour relations managers, consultants, neutrals, and people who operate in unionized environments.
The program covers collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, mediation, legislation, financial literacy and emerging workplace issues. It offers a rare opportunity for union, management and neutrals to trade.
This interactive program will:
- Address major issues surrounding collective bargaining, grievance arbitration, mediation, legislation and labour board remedies.
- Provide bargaining simulation experience and practical tools.
- Cover topics from broad political and economic contexts.
- Allow an opportunity for union, management, and neutrals to collaborate and generate solutions that add value for all parties in a safe learning environment.
By the end of this program, you will be positioned to:
- Improve labour-management relationships
- Effectively prepare for collective bargaining
- Understand labour law and emerging legal issues
- Navigate investigations, mediation and arbitration
- Gain access to experts and leaders in the labour relations field
- Utilize newly-built professional relationships to strengthen your network
Upcoming Program Dates:
September 25 - 29, 2017
Location: Saskatoon, K W Nasser Centre (256 - 3rd Avenue South)
"I am so glad I took this program coming from a non-union environment. This program was very insightful and was a pleasure to attend."
- Harris Sutherland, Gold Eagle Casino - SIGA